Yesterday was one of those days where my hair was just not responding to a loose style. During the day, I opted for the Messy Ponytail.
– If you have wavy to curly hair like I do half your work is done. Straight hair: add mousse to roots, curl hair in random places then split up the curls, then fluff the hair.
– Wavy/Curly: Put hair up in a regular ponytail. Straight hair: tease your ponytail with a thin comb.
– Shake your ponytail until it gets sort of lose and lumpy
– Spritz ends with hairspray
I took my look from day to evening by going from a Messy Ponytail to a Messy Bun which is a totally chic look that works for many occasions.
– Tease your ponytail to create even more volume if you have straight hair. Curly/Wavy: skip this step.
– Spritz ends with more hairspray if desired.
– Note that where your ponytail is will be where your bun will sit (i.e.: high ponytail/high bun)
– Pull the hair halfway through the elastic to create a loop. Twist the hair elastic to secure the loop and then wrap it around the loop again as many times as needed.
– Secure any loose ends with bobby pins that match your hair color.