It was such a pleasure to attend the TRESemme Backstage and Dolores Cortes show. TRESemmé® Made Waves at the 10th Anniversary of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim. Temperatures were on the rise with the sexiest, runway-ready hair. I’m excited to share the looks from the show and backstage with all of you!!!!!
TRESemmé made a splash to celebrate the 10th anniversary of Miami Swim! As the official hair care sponsor of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim for the fifth consecutive season, the brand sponsored three highly anticipated swimwear shows: Beach Bunny featuring The Blonds, Gottex and Dolores Cortés. On-site at The Raleigh Hotel, home of MBFW Swim, TRESemmé unveiled a custom-built interactive Summer Trend Bar where guests can receive complimentary styling touch-ups and samples of the brand’s latest frizz-fighting collection, TRESemmé 7 Day Keratin Smooth System, to look salon-gorgeous in the Miami heat.
Dolores Cortés Summer 2015 Collection at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim
Hair by TRESemmé Lead Stylist Marco Peña
The Dolores Cortés Summer 2015 Collection was inspired by an urban Safari and infused natural colors, animal prints and striking gold accents. To bring the exotic African wild theme to life, TRESemmé Lead Stylist Marco Peña created a three-section elevated ponytail that allowed the model’s hair to be swept off their back to complement the designer’s collection.
How to steps:
- Apply TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Mousse throughout hair and blow-dry with a brush to smooth out the ends
- Spray TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Finishing Spray and gather hair into a high ponytail above the crown, combing through the roots for a smooth finish and securing with a hair elastic
- Wrap a wire through the center section of the ponytail from the base to the ends to create a solid foundation for the style
- Secure hair extensions around the ends of the ponytail to add extra length
- Gather the rest of the hair around the center wire and create a triple-section ponytail, securing each section with hair elastic
- Apply TRESemmé Keratin Smooth Smoothing Crème Serum at the root to remove fly-aways
- Add a touch of gold to the style by wrapping the base with gold wire up to the first section
- Finish with TRESemmé Keratin Smooth Illuminating Shine Spray on the ends
TRESemmé continues their partnership with iconic swimwear designer Beach Bunny, who is teaming up with celebrity-favorite design duo, The Blonds. Together, Beach Bunny and The Blonds produced a sizzling show with fashion’s hottest supermodels, Hailey Clauson and Samantha Hoopes, who made their swimwear runway debut. In addition, TRESemmé aligned with two new designers – Dolores Cortés and Gottex. Dolores Cortés is known for her innovative, fashion-forward aesthetic and Gottex is an established, on-trend brand designed for everyday women. TRESemmé Stylist Tyler Laswell lead the team of talented hairstylists at Beach Bunny featuring The Blonds and Gottex, while TRESemmé Latin Market Stylist Marco Peña lead the team at Dolores Cortés.
Poolside at The Raleigh Hotel, the brand brought the latest summer hairstyles to life at the TRESemmé Summer Trend Bar, featuring an interactive iPad station where guests were able to browse effortless, ready-to-wear styles, and download exclusive how-to tutorials to re-create each look at home. For the first time, TRESemmé offered dry-styling touch-ups* to guests during peak hours, with the option to choose from three styles that will transform their look from poolside casual to front row fabulous. In addition, guests left with tips, tricks and product samples** of the TRESemmé 7 Day Keratin Smooth System to achieve runway-ready styles on their own. This non-damaging hair care system features revolutionary Thermal Technology that helps create smooth, frizz-free styles which last up to seven days***, through washes, to transform unruly hair while providing smoothness and humidity resistance. “TRESemmé’s longstanding partnership with Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim allows us to build a deeper connection with our consumer by delivering seasonal hair trends along with the tips to achieve them in the comfort of their own home,” says Jennifer Daly, Senior Brand Manager for TRESemmé.