A few months ago, I attended a Bobbi Brown beauty event in Miami along with top international media professionals, bloggers and influencers. It was no surprise that so many beauty devotees were in attendance and as a beauty influencer – I was in heaven! We were separated into small groups of four and got to spend time with Bobbi Brown learning about the pre-launch of her Intensive Skin Serum Foundation SPF 40. The product wasn’t yet launched at the time of our encounter, but we did get to try it on our hands and neck. I wanted to wait and receive the product in order to test it on my face before writing this post. I find the coverage is light enough for day and you can just add more to intensify coverage for evening. It blends right into your skin and doesn’t look thick and best of all, you can mix it with your favorite cream or serum for an even more sheer coverage.
- Beauty and a healthy lifestyle go hand in hand. I believe that beauty is about looking and feeling your best, inside and out. Great skin is 70% what you put in your body and 30% what you put on your face so I really focus on eating well. Certain nutrients are important for maintaining healthy skin, hair and nails—think of them as your “beauty foods.” Foods rich in Omega 3 oils like salmon, almonds, walnuts and olive oil have skin-repairing benefits, while fruits and vegetables with high-water content like watermelon, cucumber and dark leafy greens will add moisture to your skin.
- Being healthy is also about staying active. Exercising offers so many benefits that go far beyond losing weight—it’s a skincare essential and can help you live longer and look better. From my experience, 20-30 minutes a day improves blood circulation and helps give skin a natural, radiant glow. My advice is to do whatever you can to be active, even if that means little things like taking the stairs instead of the elevator, parking your car as far from the store as possible, or just walking around the block.
- Always remember that your skin is a direct reflection of your overall health. When you eat right, drink plenty of water and exercise regularly, you increase your energy–something that skin needs to function properly and be healthy. And
- I really believe that living a healthy lifestyle is the most important thing you can do to look and feel your best—you’ll feel strong, confident and beautiful.
- I wanted to create a foundation that improves skin over time so it looks and feels healthier. When my team and I met to discuss the formula for a new foundation, I immediately thought skincare—specifically our Intensive Skin Supplement, which is a multi-benefit serum that improves skin’s appearance. When I launched Intensive Skin Supplement 12 years ago, my goal was to give women a straightforward remedy for their biggest concerns: dullness, unevenness, fine lines and wrinkles. Today, Intensive Skin Supplement is a cult favorite and the inspiration behind Intensive Skin Serum Foundation.
- An infusion of true-to-your-skin pigments and supercharged serum ingredients, Intensive Skin Serum Foundation is the perfect fusion of treatment and makeup, and beautifies skin from within. Factors like the aging process and sun damage deplete skin’s energy levels. This foundation helps support skin’s cellular energy and also offers key anti-aging benefits for a smoother, firmer, more lifted look plus enhanced radiance, clarity and luminosity. And the texture is incredible–it’s super silky and floats over skin’s surface, invisibly covering imperfections and unevenness without settling into fine lines. The result is flawless coverage that instantly makes skin look beautiful.
- Whenever I head out to Telluride, Colorado, one of my best-kept secrets is to visit Josh Getter, a Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) practitioner and Acupuncturist that I’ve been seeing for years. Sessions with Josh are amazing—I always feel centered and energized, and invariably leave with some new herb or tea that becomes part of my wellness routine. I was already working with my team in Shanghai to morph one of our serums into a next-level foundation with enhanced with skincare/treatment benefits. With our newfound inspiration, my team went to Shanghai and identified a few historically potent ingredients with the help of a local TCM practitioner. Once I learned about the energy and skin-enhancing qualities of the Cordyceps Mushroom—a key ingredient in our new foundation—I knew I wanted to incorporate this star ingredient into my new treatment foundation.
- Intensive Skin Serum Foundation is a 2-in-1 product—it gives you both treatment and coverage. Plus, it’s a lightweight formula that layers seamlessly over other skincare and other hybrid/face products.
- To apply, after prepping skin with serum and moisturizer based on your skin’s needs, apply a small amount of foundation around the nose and mouth, and anywhere you see redness or unevenness. Blend with a foundation brush, sponge or fingertips. For best results, shake bottle well before use
- You can pair Intensive Skin Serum Foundation with one of our serums, but be sure to choose the serum that best suits your skin’s needs. At night, use the appropriate serum and then layer your preferred moisturizer.